RECOGNITION & ACCREDITATIONS
The ECCE (European Council on Chiropractic Education) is responsible for establishing standards for chiropractic teaching and monitoring the quality of chiropractic programmes. Schools that meet ECCE’s standards receive an accreditation for a limited period of time that certifies that the quality of their teaching is at least equivalent to established standards.
Currently, only nine chiropractic schools are accredited in Europe.
- AECC University College
- Barcelona College of Chiropractic
- IFEC – Franco European Chiropractic Institute
- McTimoney College of Chiropractic
- RCU Escorial Maria-Cristina
- Syddansk Universitet Odense
- University of South Wales – Welsh Institute of Chiropractic
- University of Zurich
- University of Surrey
Click here to download the ECCE’s Evaluation Team Report from December 2019, during IFEC’s most recent re-accreditation.
IFEC is certified by the French Ministry of Health. depuis 2013.
IFEC get in January 2022 the QUALIOPI certificate (N° CPS RNCP 1955).
QUALIOPI is a certification mark that endorses the quality of the processes employed by training providers.
IFEC also maintains close relationships with French and international chiropractic associations:
RECOGNITION OF THE CHIROPRACTIC DEGREE DELIVERED BY IFEC
IFEC provides the only diploma that allows graduates to work as a chiropractor in France. It corresponds to a Level 7 RNCP (National Directory of Professional Certification), a Master’s level. The first RNCP registration was issued on July, 27th, 2015..
The current registration isvalid until September, 14th 2023 under the title “Chiropractor”(RNCP Code 34902).)
RNCP’s mission is to deliver clear and up-to-date information on diplomas and certificates and their consistency with the job market’s needs.
RNCP registration means a diploma is recognised by the State and is consistent with the job market's needs.
Each level of study is associated with a level of skills and responsibilities.
Level 7 Level 7 atteste la capacité à élaborer et mettre en œuvre des stratégies alternatives pour le développement de l’activité professionnelle dans des contextes professionnels complexes, ainsi qu’à évaluer les risques et les conséquences de son activité. Les diplômes conférant le grade de master sont classés à ce niveau du cadre national.
SUMMARY OF JOB REFERENCES / CHIROPRACTOR
Chiropractors diagnose, treat and prevent neuromusculoskeletal disorders. They treat mechanical pathologies, whether real or perceived, of the musculoskeletal system, especially pathologies of the spine and their consequences. Treatments are conservative, mainly manual.
MAIN ACTIVITIES ARE:
- Patient’s data collection (anamnesis)
- Patient health assessment through examination within chiropractic field to carry out a diagnosis
- Chiropractic treatment
- Advice, prevention, education in chiropractic
- Activities and patient’s data management
- Professional practice management
- Professional watch and on-going professional development
- Training and communication among professionals and students
- Studies and research in the field of chiropractic
Competencies required to practice chiropractic:
- Evaluate a clinical situation, assess suitability for chiropractic treatment and establish a positive diagnosis in the field of chiropractic
- Design and establish a chiropractic treatment plan
- Carry out the appropriate treatment
- Design an educational and advisory approach
- Communicate with and establish a relationship of confidence with the patient
- Organise activities and cooperate with other healthcare professionals
- Evaluate their practices taking into account changes in the professional environment
- Research, analyse and utilize professional and scientific data
- Manage a professional practice
POSITIONS AVAILABLE TO GRADUATES:
Chiropractor in private practices, health centres, sport clubs, hospitals, clinics, humanitarian organisations and/or Teacher-researcher in chiropractic